Out of the 365 days in 2022, 250 of those were U.S. working days.
We know these numbers, but they still make me stop and think—that’s a lot more days working than not working in a year.
When you’re clear about what you do best, you can take charge of what’s next.-Carole Dupré
So how does that add up for you in 2022?
- If you love the work you do, you’re feeling great right now about what you’ve accomplished and the impact you’ve made this year.
- If you don’t love what you do, well, you may be looking back on a long year that was short on fulfillment.
No matter where you are on your career journey, I hope you’ve been able to take time away from work this holiday season—to mentally refresh and emotionally reflect on what’s important to you and to answer questions like:
- If you could change how things went at work last year, what would they be?
- What you will stop or start doing when it comes to your career and personal brand?
- What is your word, theme or goals for 2023?
Because here’s what I know for certain. Shifts in the job market and the economy will come and go.
But when you take charge of your career path by investing time to identify the value you bring and the impact you want to make, there’s no reason to fear the future. There’s only opportunity.
Cheers to a prosperous and happy New Year 🥂
As founder of HerNature®, Carole Dupre’ guides high-achieving professional women in landing jobs and launching businesses that honor their true nature. She is an ICF certified career coach and personal brand strategist, specializing in mid-career transitions.